2016 Halo Bellydance Summer Student Hafla
Book a Bellydance Performance
Sign up for Haala's Mailing List
Introduction to Veil Workshop with Haala
Saturday, April 30, 2016
UPDATE: the veil workshop has SOLD OUT! Please join us for our next workshop in Summer 2016 (more info to come soon).
Join Haala for a fun afternoon belly dance workshop at the Taj MaHaala home studio in Cary NC, conveniently located near Cary Towne Center and historic Downtown Cary.
For over 16 years, Haala has trained with top Egyptian, Lebanese, and Turkish instructors, including Mahmoud Reda, Mohamed Shahin, Karim Nagi, Bozenka, Aziza, and more. She has appeared on stage at the Halle Arts Center, Durham Arts Center, Clayton Arts Center, Cats Cradle, and numerous other venues throughout the Southeast.
She is a knowledgeable, thorough, and supportive instructor dedicated to making you the best dancer you can be!
- 12:30pm-1:00pm Doors open, registration and mingling.
- 1:00pm-3:00pm Introduction to Veil!
Dancing with a veil is easy to learn and lots of fun. The veil is a graceful and sensuous prop that also helps build upper body strength and stamina. It has been used as a dance prop in the Middle East for dramatic, exciting entrances, and in America we make it its own special dance form.
In this workshop, you will learn about:
- Popular veil fabrics, shapes and sizes
- Fun veil moves like the Comet, the Swoop, Around the World, and Matador
- Combos: general belly dancing technique + veil moves to create beautiful, graceful combinations
- How to tuck and wrap your veil to create a variety of looks (on stage and at the beach!)
- Cultural considerations - debunking the myths
- Tips on how to make or purchase your own veil
Plenty of loaner veils available, or bring your own if you have one.
Workshop size is limited: students are strongly encouraged to pre-register ASAP to reserve their place in this fun workshop!
UPDATE: the veil workshop has SOLD OUT! Please join us for our next workshop in early June (more info to come soon).
Questions? Email Haala or call/text (919)948-8516.
Have Haala Teach A Workshop At Your Studio!
Haala has taught numerous workshops at places like Meredith College, LaMosaic Studios, Louisburg College, and East Cary Jazzercise. She can teach everything from Introduction to Bellydance to advanced techniques and choreography.
Suggested Workshop Subjects
If you would like more information on how to sponsor me for a workshop in your area, please email me at email@example.com
- Introduction to Bellydance
- Finger Cymbals ("Sagat/Zils"): Beginner to Advanced Technique
- Khaleegy Folkloric Dance Technique & Choreography
- Raks al Asaya: "Cairo Cane" Technique & Choreography
- Veil, Double Veil and Voi
- Build Your Own Drum Solo!
- Oriental Raks Sharki Technique & Choreography
- Best Foot Forward: Poise & Presentation
- Arms & Hands
- Musicality: Interpreting Middle Eastern Instruments and Moods
- Dance to the Rhythm: Learn the most popular rhythms, their culture and history, and fun combinations to try
- Oceanic Technique & Choreography: beautiful flowing movements like ocean waves build into a graceful, dramatic choreography
For more information,